What is life insurance? Do I really need it? If so, how much do I need? These are all questions that run through our minds quite frequently. So what is the answer? Well, simply put, life insurance protects those who depend on your paycheck. If you suddenly die, a life insurance policy will provide your dependents with an ongoing income that will replace yours. This will occur until they can live comfortably without it. It can also help to provide an emergency fund for medical, legal and funeral costs should your savings not be enough to cover them. So, is life insurance important? It is very important. Our team of agents at MCI Insurance would be most happy to sit down with you to design an insurance policy that will fit your needs.
Given the above description of life insurance, it is easy enough to decide if you and your family would find it necessary. If you are not sure, just imagine if you were to find yourself gone tomorrow. What kind of impact would that be to your family? Ask yourself these questions:
- Could your family afford the funeral expenses?
- Have you left a complicated will or no will at all?
- Are your spouse and children dependent upon your paycheck?
- Is your paycheck depended upon to help cover basic needs and future saving goals?
- Are you the primary caregiver to dependents? What would it cost to replace you with a paid provider and for how long would it be necessary?